Tuesday, May 16, 2006

An Update

Hi everyone, I am still alive I really didn't think coming home without the babies would have such an effect on me. I am doing okay I am getting as much rest as I can her kid(pumping every 3 hours make sleeping hard.) I went to see the babies tonight

Baby A is doing well and is the only one that is being fed breast milk she is still on room air which means she needs no oxygen to assist her in breathing. I did a Kangaroo with her which means I get in a hospital gown and hold her skin on skin for an hour. This is the highlight of my day and they say this is really good for the babies to hear my heart beat and feel my skin. We can Kangaroo one baby a week right now because they are not stable enough to do it more. I have been able to do all of them Troy says I need it more than he does.

Baby B is having a hard time she got an infection today which they are treating with medication she has a condition called PHC which is a valve on her heart that does not close and prevents the blood from circulating through her body she will need to have a surgery to close it. Her kidneys are not working good for her to handle the medication that could correct this. She has high blood pressure and her thyroid is not working right they will treat all of this with medication. She did not look very good tonight you could tell she is sick and doesn't feel good.

Baby C is doing good she had an Echo of her heart I will know the results tomorrow she is getting oxygen and is not getting breast Milk her stomach can't handle it right now. I just watch her sleep she looked very peaceful.

The Boys are in heaven with Tenesha here she has been a big help. Austin is doing good he has a baseball game on Friday.
Lincoln needs to have his tonsils taken out so we are planning this for June 15,
The construction is moving along thanks to Troy and Ambra.

I will keep you all posted. I still prefer to be alone and I really appreciate you all respecting this I know there will be a day when I will love nothing more than to talk and hang out with all of you.
I am so grateful for all of the support you all have given me and my family we feel so loved. Please pray for the babies.

Love, Summer

1 comment:

The Solutions Team said...

I am very glad Nesh is there for you also. Rejuvenate, you just had major surgery and you probably have enough hormones floating in your little body to sink a Hershey chocolate ship!