Saturday, May 27, 2006

This has been a rough week Luci was having a hard time breathing which led them to do another echo of her heart. They found that her PDA is not closed so they started a medication that may close it. Yesterday they did another echo of her heart to see if the medication worked and it did not. They want to try the medication one more time there is only a 10% chance that it will work. They will check her heart again tomorrow morning to see if it worked. The last resort will be surgery which would happen next Tuesday or Wednesday. I think the medication will work.

Baby A: Is doing well she is having a little trouble eating which is Normal for preemies.

On Wednesday I got to Kangaroo Luci and Lilli together it was amazing they were facing each other and Lilli reach out and held on to Luci’s arm she held on for about an hour! It seemed as though she knew Luci was having a hard time.

This situation has made me realize how much I take for granted in my life. Until this my family has been so healthy, I could have never imagined I would not be able to hold and love one of my babies when ever I want. I also never though I could get so much joy out of just the smallest touch with them. Last night I had London sleep with me and I found myself just watching him sleep and breath. Life is so amazing his little body only four years old never forgets to breath and his heart knows to keep pumping.
I don’t feel old enough to have this kind of pain in my life. It feels like there is always something missing. Having kids is so bitter sweet. I can only imagine how my parents felt having eight of us to lay awake thinking about.
I will post current pictures tomorrow.

I am still not up for visitors and phone calls.
I would like to say Thank you to everyone for all of the flowers, phone calls, favors, fasting, prayers, dinners and cookies.

We have been very blessed to be surrounded by so many Angels.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Summer, I am going to fast for baby Lucy tomorrow. I feel so bad for all the babies not being able to go home with their sweet mom. I can't wait to play with them. But they are going to be a pain! They will be like 3 of Trayson! I really like the name Autumn, if you want to name baby A that. I love you so much. Love Shyanne

Anonymous said...

Summer-
Your babies are beautiful! They most DEFINITELY have great purpose to fulfill in your family, from the way they "got here" to their strength and determination to thrive. Congratulations!!! I couldn't be happier for you all. "Your contractor" is on 24 hr. call if you need anything at all!
Love Tracy

Tenesha said...

I feel Austin, Lincoln, London and the new baby girls are such a blessing in my life too. I love you Sums and look forward to reading your blog each day.